The Federal Trade Commission has certain policies on digital advertising and affiliate disclosures.
While we encourage you to read the full article, here is an important points that might affect you as an affiliate:
- You must disclose if you received a product for free to review
- You must disclose if you received compensation in exchange for a review or testimonial
- You must disclose if you are using an affiliate link in conjunction with a review or recommendation
Creating a disclosure is crucial as an affiliate. Not only does it help build a good relationship with your followers, but if you are not complying with the FTC policies, you can be fined!
Implementing your disclosure for your blog or social media post is simple. All you have to do is to include a disclaimer in your post. Here we provide you with some samples:
- Disclaimer: The link used in this post is an affiliate link. The _______ (enter relevant products) were sent to me for review.
- Disclaimer: This post contains sponsored links from company âme pure.
- Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.
- Beginning of post: This is a sponsored post that contains affiliate links. End of post: I received compensation in exchange for writing this review. [Optional: Although this post is sponsored, all opinions are my own.]
- Disclaimer: Affiliate link: _____.
- Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive commission if you make a purchase using this link.
- Or simple write “Sponsored”